Friday, November 27, 2009

I have a virus that is redirecting my yahoo searches to a site that asks me to type in a code word.

Download the free version of Superantispyware. I use this software an it wil find viruses %26amp; spyware that is missed by all other or unable to delete. There is no conflict with your own antivirus installed.



http://www.superantispyware.com When you download the free version, update and run an in depth scan. You must update on a manual basis being free.



Mind Doctor, France



I have a virus that is redirecting my yahoo searches to a site that asks me to type in a code word. What can Imicrosoft exchange



If your pc is infected make sure that you have a good anti virus and anti spy ware program installed on your computer. check out http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-sAFtLsc8e... for more details.



I have a virus that is redirecting my yahoo searches to a site that asks me to type in a code word. What can Iwindows vista ultimate internet explorer



If you have an anti-virus, I suggest you make sure it has the latest virus definitions and run a scan with it. If you don鈥檛 have one, many people here swear by AVG (it鈥檚 free).



I suggest you also download Ad-Aware 2007 and Spybot S%26amp;D (they鈥檙e free), install them, update them and run them. If any of the above (or any anti-malware, for that matter) doesn鈥檛 seem to be able to get rid of everything it reports finding, try running it again in Safe Mode. Safe Mode often prevents malware from protecting itself.



Also, turn off System Restore to evict any copies of bad stuff that might be lurking there.



To get into Safe Mode:



1.Log out and reboot your machine.



2.When the machine starts the reboot sequence, press the F8 key repeatedly.



3.Select Safe Mode from the resulting menu.



4.When the login screen comes up, log in as Administrator. By default, Administrator has no password.



5.The machine will continue booting, but the Windows desktop will look different. You won't be able to see the Internet, for instance.



6.When you're finished, log out and reboot back into normal mode.



Note that even if the anti-malware programs get rid of the malware, they may not be able to reverse the effects. Search the Web for possible fixes.



Update and run everything regularly.



Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
nortin