Sunday, November 29, 2009

My computer may have crashed in internet explorer...can it be?

First off...no new software has been added to the laptop in the last couple of months, and I frequently do disk clean ups and defraging to my laptop. I've never had a pc or laptop crash on me, so I don't even know if it has crashed.



Here's the story:



I was busy checking a few websites when I suddenly got a blue screen that said there was an error and windows was shutting down to protect the computer.



I restarted and then the next thing it said was Operation system not found...



What does that mean?



I got it to run by changing something (can you tell I know very little about the operating parts of a computer) to reboot, and then it started to load and went back to the windows screen with all my icons. As soon as I clicked on the Internet explorer icon, I got the error message where you can choose the option to send or don't send, and after making my selection the blue screen again with the same message as before.



After this, I just let it be.



Hoping you can help.



My computer may have crashed in internet explorer...can it be?windows live messenger



First update and scan your computer with your security products such as antivirus and antispyware applications. If your computer comes up clean after running your resident security products, you may want to consider running a System File Checker (SFC). This can be run in Safe Mode should you prefer. To get into Safe Mode, reboot and then either hold down or tap the F8 key repeatedly while the computer is starting up. To run SFC, close all applications such as Office, Messenger, Email, etc, and go to:



- Start



- Run



- Type in sfc /scannow (include the space before the " / ")



What SFC does is that it attempts to fix or replace critical operating system files. Sometimes this can be done without the installation disk, however it may prompt you for the appropriate operating system installation disk. If that is the case, then you know that you definitely have major file corruption or something missing. Insert the disk if prompted. Also you should run SFC using the Administrator account.



If you have the Vista operating system, the steps are a bit different due to the UAC. See the link below.



http://vistasupport.mvps.org/system_file...



Don't surf, play games or do anything while SFC runs. After it is completed, reboot your computer.



One of the major culprits in missing or corrupt operating system files is running a registry cleaner or optimizer. They can flag important shared files for deletion or cleanup. Another cause is malware.



NOTE: Before running any registry cleaner or editing the registry, always ensure you back it up first. If the registry cleaner you are using doesn't have that function, you can do it manually. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756



My computer may have crashed in internet explorer...can it be?microsoft money internet explorer



Run your windows cd and reinstall internet explorer and ie communications. It's either right above or below internet explorer.
Restore your computer to an earlier date.



Click on start, all programs, accessories, system tools, system restore



Good luck my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
nortin